Temporary Homestay - Volunteers
Open your home and heart to an international student or scholar for 1 to 3 nights when they first arrive in Madison! A Temporary Homestay host can provide any of the following:
- Welcome the student as they arrive in Madison.
- Provide a brief period of rest and comfort.
- Familiarize the student with the UW campus.
- Assist with their move to long-term housing in a dormitory or apartment.
- Answer questions about life in Madison and the US.
Despite the ongoing COVID situation, several MFIS volunteers have expressed an interest in providing Temporary Homestay for the fall 2022 academic semester. The health and safety of our volunteers and students is a top priority for MFIS, so if you do wish to provide temporary housing this fall please be cognizant of the COVID risk and take precautions you deem as necessary. To register as a possible Temporary Homestay provider for fall 2022 please click here.
All temporary homestay placements for fall semester, 2022, are currently full and no new student registrations may be accepted.